Please find our sermons below:
The Cost of ChristmasJohn 3:16, Andrew Love, December 16, 2018
- The Cost of Christmas
- The financial cost, but also stress
- Christmas can be lonely, especially for the homeless
- The cost of the first Christmas
The Cost to Joseph and Mary
- Joseph found his betrothed was pregnant
- The stigma attached to Joseph and Mary
- Many said Jesus was illegitimate
- A long and arduous walk for a heavily pregnant lady
- No room in Bethlehem so they had to stay in a stable
- They fled as refugees to Egypt as Herod the Great sought to kill the Christ child
- Yet they would be the first to say it was all worth it!
- Jesus would save His people from their sin
- The Saviour of the world had come
- A personal cost to Mary
- Jesus was born to die (on the cross)
The Cost to God
- John 3:16, Roman 8:32
- God the Father did not spare His own Son
- Though Jesus was equal to God, He humbled Himself to come in the form of a bondservant
- He was born in the squalor of a stable
- God gives His spotless beloved Son to die in our place on the cross to bring forgiveness of sins
- This was the favour of God to men - His good will
The Cost to You?
- What is your response to this message?
- For the Wise Men it was not too much of a cost to follow the star and come to offer gifts to Christ
- They sought Christ diligently - they found Him
- Are you seeking God and Jesus Christ?
- If you seek Him with all your heart you will find Him
- There is a cost to following Jesus Christ
- To be a born again Christian is to go against the flow
- A cost of misunderstanding and division
- A cost at work
- A cost when you stand for righteousness
- It is worth it though
- Have you seen the salvation of God found in Jesus Christ?
- Jesus is the pearl of great price
- The best present of all is the Lord Jesus
About Andrew Love: Pastor at Tabor Church
16For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. (KJV)
|« The exaltation of Christ||Prayer and Faith||Zechariah's Unbelief »|
These sermons remain the property of Tabor Baptist Church and the respective speakers. Sermons may be downloaded as part of an RSS feed (e.g. through iTunes or other 3rd party software) and copied to MP3 players or phones for the purposes of listening only. No unauthorised copying or distribution is allowed.