Since April 2013 I have been serving as Pastor at Tabor Baptist Church. Tabor’s history can be traced right back to the 17th Century and we are one of only two churches left in the old town. However, we completed a refurbishment of the church interior in 2015 and so inside you will find tasteful decor and comfortable seating. We also now have disabled access via a ramp and special 4×4 electric wheel chair.
Our congregation is made up of all ages and mainly from Llantrisant and Beddau. About 50 gather on a Sunday morning to worship God and slightly fewer at night.
Our services are simple, consisting of hymn singing, prayers, Bible readings and preaching. No collections are taken and a very warm welcome is given. Our aim is to present the good news of Jesus Christ by all means to all people.
We are convinced that the good news of Jesus is the only solution for mankind’s sin. Jesus, God’s Son, came into this world 2000 years ago. He came to give His perfect life as an atonement for sin. He rose again and offers eternal life to all who accept Him as their Lord and Saviour.
Sunday Services are now live-streamed to our Tabor Baptist Church YouTube channel, starting a few minutes before each service (11am and 6pm), for those who are unable to attend the Church Building.
In addition to live-streaming, sermons are uploaded to to the sermon page, with quick links to the last 4 sermons in the sidebar to the right.
Weekly Prayer Meeting
This is held on Wednesday* Night at 7:30pm in the Church. (*Usually held on a Tuesday night but will continue on Wednesday until further Covid-19 restrictions are lifted.)
We are please to announce a return to almost normal activities, with the following:
- Sunday Morning and Evening Services (now returned to 6pm) and a Wednesday Prayer Meeting
- A children‘s meeting – changed to Monday at 6pm in the Church
- Restarting Prime Time – a monthly lunch and “food for thought” for retired folk at Penygawsi Community Hall
- Mens and ladies bible studies
- We have a tradition of welcoming local students from USW, providing lunch each Sunday in members’ homes and arranging lifts to and from church if needed
- Our Monthly Calendar
- Further details of our regular weekly activities
- Information on special meetings and events
Chapel Interior (Gallery)
Please browse our Facebook Page.