Please find our sermons below:
Blotting out TransgressionIsaiah 43:25, Psalm 32:1-11, Andrew Love, May 20, 2018
- This verse speaks of the great salvation of sinners
- A dark background (v22-24)
- The promise - repeated throughout the bible
- e.g. 44:22
- This is purely because of love and for His own names' sake
- God chooses not to remember our sins
- What is transgression?
- How serious is it?
- Why do we transgress?
- What is the Good News?
- How should we respond to it?
What is transgression?
- The breaking of a law
- Trespassing is slight different to transgression
- It is over stepping God's law and boundary
- Sins of Commission
- Sins of Omission
- e.g. v22-24 - sins of omission
- Sin is not just not doing the things you should
- The whole of the law and the prophets is summed up in this: love your neighbour and God
- Breaking of this law of love
- James 2:8-11
- Even breaking one (little) law and you break the whole law of God
- We cannot just keep certain parts of the law
- We are all transgressors - we have all sinned and fallen short of the glory of God
How serious is it?
- How serious is sin?
- Do you see your sin as an affront to a Holy God?
- Do you see that your sin grieves God?
- Do you believe that God cannot look upon sin?
- Do you believe that if God is Holy and just He must punish sin?
- We ought to tremble before sin
- Ezra 9:4
- Example of David
- Psalm 51:1-3
- Do we confess our sin?
- David had sinned not just against others but also against God
- Do we downplay our sin?
- Will God forgive us if we use the cross as an excuse for sin?
- Ezk 39:24
- Ex 23:21 and Josh 24:19 - God will not forgive sin if people make light of it
- v22-25 & explanation
Why do we transgress?
- We sin because we have a sinful nature
- Isa 48:8
- It is ingrained within us
- Ezk 18:31
- Sin comes from our heart
- We need a new heart - this can only come from God
- The promise of v25 can only be given to those who come in faith to God and who believe
- We need a change on the inside before there can be a change on the outside
What is the Good News?
- The truth of Christianity is Good News!
- All our sin and our filth can be washed clean - as white as snow
- Isa 1:18
- He will do this for His namesake
- Our sin has been laid on Jesus at the cross
- Isa 53:5-6
- Sin must be punished and it has all been laid on Jesus Christ
- The Bible gives wonderful promises to those who believe in Jesus Christ
How should we respond to it?
- What is your response?
- Are you going to keep relying upon yourself?
- Will you confess your sin?
- Will you believe the promise of God?
- Have you seen the love of God in the face of Jesus Christ?
- Have you believed in Jesus?
About Andrew Love: Pastor at Tabor Church
|« God speaks to Nebuchadnezzar||Daniel explains the Dream||I will pour out My Spirit »|
These sermons remain the property of Tabor Baptist Church and the respective speakers. Sermons may be downloaded as part of an RSS feed (e.g. through iTunes or other 3rd party software) and copied to MP3 players or phones for the purposes of listening only. No unauthorised copying or distribution is allowed.