Old Llantrisant Hill
- Example of Lee Strobel ... and "The Case for Easter"
- Also believed by Lord Dennington, Lord Halesham, Lord Mackay
- Example of The Lord Chief Justice
- Have you sifted the evidence?
- Have you asked questions about the living God?
- Why did Jesus rise from the dead?
- Considering different texts
To meet our deepest fears
- 1 Cor 15:55-57
- Sin had brought death into this world
- The Ten Commandments reveal our sin and how far we have fallen short of God
- There is victory over sin and death in the Lord Jesus Christ
- Example of Habimus
- Heb 2:14-15
- Personal example
- God gives you peace in natural fear of death
- That we may face our deepest fears - to take away our fear of death
A proof of His deity
- Miracles were a proof - examples
- The resurrection - the final proof
- A difference between the resurrection of Lazarus and Jesus
- Only Jesus was raised to immortality
- A prophet was present when others where raised but not when Christ was raised from the dead
- Jesus is fully God
- What is our response?
- Are we like Thomas?
- We must confess with our mouth
- Confess and believe in Jesus and be saved
To fulfill prophecy
- Ps 16:10
- Isaiah references this
- The Lord Jesus Christ on 3 occasions prophesied His death and resurrection
- The disciples did not recognise these prophecies but the Jewish authorities did
- 1 Cor 15:3-4
- To fulfill Scripture
A proof the Father had accepted Jesus' sacrifice
- Good Friday message - It is Finished
- Rom 4:25
- Jesus took our place on the cross and bore our sins and the full wrath of God
- God was pleased with Jesus' sacrifice
- God raised Him from the dead
- There is now no condemnation for those in Christ Jesus
- Can you say that Jesus died and rose for you?
- Do you love and trust Him?
Guaranteed the exhaltation and the glorification of Jesus
- The resurrection is primarily for Him - for His glory
- One day every knee will bow before Him
- Rev 5:12
Guaranteed our glorification
- The resurrection also guarantees our future glorification
- Jesus if the first fruits from the dead
- We are the crop that follows
- 1 Cor 15:20
- Death is temporary for those who believe
- Example of Christian Song
To be the judge of the living and the dead
- The apostles often preached with a warning
- When Jesus comes again to the judge the living and the dead - there will be a final judgment
- Hell is a real place that must be avoided
- Jesus warned all to take refuge in Him
- Are you trusting in Jesus?
- Do not worry about what others think
- Do not worry about the cost