Please find our sermons below:
Will you Worship?Luke 1:46-55, Andrew Love, December 23, 2018
- Mary did you know? - lyrics
- Sung by the choir earlier
- Provoking words - what did she understand and know
- The gospel accounts are clear:
- There are certain things she would not have known - examples
- There are many things she did know - examples
- We heard earlier the salutation of Mary
- Elizabeth was privileged to be in Mary's presence and the presence of the Son of God
- Mary was blessed and favoured by God
- In response, Mary sings a song of true worship and devotion
- It should prompt us to ask the question - are we a true worshiper?
- Mary knew by experience
- Zacharias was full of joy
- The angels praised God
- The shepherds praised God
- Simeon - his eyes see God's salvation
- The spirit of Christmas
- The true spirit of Christmas is the worship of Jesus Christ
Heart felt worship
- Her song sprang from her heart
- It was true and genuine
- Mary knew her Son would save His people from their sin
- Mary was sinful and needed a Saviour too
- She exalts in her Saviour
- The trappings of worship - candles, crib, bells, incense, etc
- These are not necessary for worship
- They can cause false worship
- We must worship in spirit and in truth
- True worship is from a humble state of being
- A contrite heart
- A person that knows they do not deserve the grace of God
- She considered herself a lowly maidservant of the Lord
- She had a humble, grateful, thankful heart
- If we are to worship God, we must come in the same way
- Have you seen this Christmas who Jesus really is - for the first time?
- Do you humble yourself before Him?
- Will you bow before the Lord Jesus Christ?
- Have you seen that God has done great things for you?
- Mary worshiped God with the eye of faith
- God exalts the humble and puts down the proud
- She loved God
- What Mary didn't and did know
- She saw Christ's work on the cross
- She heard Him cry "It is finished"
- Mary would come to know all the true facts of her Son
- She worshiped Him
- Are you a true worshiper of God?
46And Mary said, My soul doth magnify the Lord, 47And my spirit hath rejoiced in God my Saviour. 48For he hath regarded the low estate of his handmaiden: for, behold, from henceforth all generations shall call me blessed. 49For he that is mighty hath done to me great things; and holy is his name. 50And his mercy is on them that fear him from generation to generation. 51He hath shewed strength with his arm; he hath scattered the proud in the imagination of their hearts. 52He hath put down the mighty from their seats, and exalted them of low degree. 53He hath filled the hungry with good things; and the rich he hath sent empty away. 54He hath holpen his servant Israel, in remembrance of his mercy; 55As he spake to our fathers, to Abraham, and to his seed for ever. (KJV)
|« The Cost of Christmas||Zechariah's Unbelief||The God of the Impossible »|