Please find our sermons below:
The God who GathersIsaiah 56:1-8, Acts 13:46-48, Andrew Love, November 11, 2018
- War is a terrible thing
- The reasons for war are often complicated
- Is the world today a better place?
- Our verse is not about a God who divides and scatters ...
- ... This is what man does
- ... Our God gathers
- Do you remember the words of the Lord Jesus Christ?
- "Other sheep I have not of this fold ... there will be one Shepherd and one flock"
- Hope for the hopeless
- A Full house from the Nations
- An everlasting Covenant of Peace
Hope for the hopeless
- Judgment is God's strange work - Isa 28
- There was great sin in the nation - examples
- God called the people to repent, [they didn't] and then judgment came
- Words of promise - in the latter chapters of Isaiah
- Isa 56
- Isa 54:7-8
- God will gather His people to Him
- Isa 57:16-18
- God is angry with sin, but will restore His people and be gracious to them
- What is your personal relationship with God like?
- Have you believed in Jesus?
- Have you given your life to Jesus?
- Have you believed what God has said about Jesus?
- Have you followed Him?
- Are you now backsliding or disobedient?
- Is God angry with you because you are practising sin?
- A word of encouragement for God's people
- Even for those who were cut off and outcasts
- If you cry to God, He will draw you back
- Remember the parable of the Prodigal Son
- Think of those whom Jesus met and healed
- Who would Jesus meet today?
- We need to look at ourself and recognise the deceitfulness of our hearts
- We are sinners
- But Christ came into the world to save sinners
- Matt 12:30 - are you with Jesus or against Him?
- There is a hope for the hopeless
A Full house from the Nations
- This is a forecast of what God will do amongst the nations
- The Parable of the Great Supper
- Quote from Spurgeon
- Jesus has a large heart
- Isa 11:12, 43:5-6, 54:1-3
- God desires more and more people to come into His kingdom
- The words of Caiaphas and John
- Example of Peter Scott
- God has purposes for the nations - a full house from the nations
- Example of Wales and 1904 vs today
- Example of Brazil and China
An everlasting Covenant of Peace
- God has established an everlasting covenant
- God has given a people to His Son
- God has made a covenant commitment with His Son, who accepted these terms
- Jesus made peace for us on the cross
- Isa 42:6-7
- Isa 55:3
- The covenant of the Messiah through the line of David
- Isa 54:10
- An agreement within the Trinity
- What are we to do?
- Isa 56:4,6
- We are to lay hold of Jesus
- We are to lay hold fast to the Covenant
- Have you done this?
- Have you laid hold of Jesus?
- Have you come to personal faith in Him?
1Thus saith the LORD, Keep ye judgment, and do justice: for my salvation is near to come, and my righteousness to be revealed. 2Blessed is the man that doeth this, and the son of man that layeth hold on it; that keepeth the sabbath from polluting it, and keepeth his hand from doing any evil. 3Neither let the son of the stranger, that hath joined himself to the LORD, speak, saying, The LORD hath utterly separated me from his people: neither let the eunuch say, Behold, I am a dry tree. 4For thus saith the LORD unto the eunuchs that keep my sabbaths, and choose the things that please me, and take hold of my covenant; 5Even unto them will I give in mine house and within my walls a place and a name better than of sons and of daughters: I will give them an everlasting name, that shall not be cut off. 6Also the sons of the stranger, that join themselves to the LORD, to serve him, and to love the name of the LORD, to be his servants, every one that keepeth the sabbath from polluting it, and taketh hold of my covenant; 7Even them will I bring to my holy mountain, and make them joyful in my house of prayer: their burnt offerings and their sacrifices shall be accepted upon mine altar; for mine house shall be called an house of prayer for all people. 8The Lord GOD which gathereth the outcasts of Israel saith, Yet will I gather others to him, beside those that are gathered unto him. (KJV)
46Then Paul and Barnabas waxed bold, and said, It was necessary that the word of God should first have been spoken to you: but seeing ye put it from you, and judge yourselves unworthy of everlasting life, lo, we turn to the Gentiles. 47For so hath the Lord commanded us, saying, I have set thee to be a light of the Gentiles, that thou shouldest be for salvation unto the ends of the earth. 48And when the Gentiles heard this, they were glad, and glorified the word of the Lord: and as many as were ordained to eternal life believed. (KJV)
|« The Last Day||Christian Unity||Naomi »|