Please find our sermons below:
The gift of God is eternal lifeRomans 6:12-23, Andy Christofides, June 17, 2018
- A famous gospel verse
- Similar to John 3:16
- Rom 6:23
- Focusing on "The gift of God is eternal life"
- Freddie Mercury - who wants to live forever?
- Ways to extend our lives - examples
- Fakery - examples
- Examples of the oldest people
- God has a gift - eternal life
- A free gift
- Quantity & Quality
- Quantity - forever, never ending, everlasting, perpetual
- Example of David Goodall
- Examples of Grandchildren and Parents
- John 10:10 - Jesus came to bring life and life more abundantly
- Definition of abundantly
- What would make you happy? - Example of money
- Any regrets?
- We are made to be in relationship with God
- Why don't I know God - sin!
- Why should I love God?
- The wages of sin is death
- Christians don't die, they fall asleep
- Only God can provide eternal life (in Jesus Christ)
- Jesus Christ led us a sinless life
- Jesus Christ died the death that we deserve
- Jesus Christ gave His life as a ransom for many
- Repent and believe
- Example of hymn
- Example of believer
- Closing call
12Let not sin therefore reign in your mortal body, that ye should obey it in the lusts thereof. 13Neither yield ye your members as instruments of unrighteousness unto sin: but yield yourselves unto God, as those that are alive from the dead, and your members as instruments of righteousness unto God. 14For sin shall not have dominion over you: for ye are not under the law, but under grace. 15What then? shall we sin, because we are not under the law, but under grace? God forbid. 16Know ye not, that to whom ye yield yourselves servants to obey, his servants ye are to whom ye obey; whether of sin unto death, or of obedience unto righteousness? 17But God be thanked, that ye were the servants of sin, but ye have obeyed from the heart that form of doctrine which was delivered you. 18Being then made free from sin, ye became the servants of righteousness. 19I speak after the manner of men because of the infirmity of your flesh: for as ye have yielded your members servants to uncleanness and to iniquity unto iniquity; even so now yield your members servants to righteousness unto holiness. 20For when ye were the servants of sin, ye were free from righteousness. 21What fruit had ye then in those things whereof ye are now ashamed? for the end of those things is death. 22But now being made free from sin, and become servants to God, ye have your fruit unto holiness, and the end everlasting life. 23For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord. (KJV)
|« Nebuchadnezzar's Conversion||What is the purpose of the law?||A message for the whole world »|