Please find our sermons below:
No CompromiseDaniel 3:16-30, Psalm 34:1-10, Andrew Love, June 3, 2018
- Re-reading v16-18
- Recap on chapter last week
- Nebuchadnezzar as the gold statue
- Nebuchadnezzar confesses "Truly your God is the God of gods"
- Nebuchadnezzar negates that by his actions in v16ff
- Nebuchadnezzar was not converted
- We must be careful not to rush and say that people are converted
- Nebuchadnezzar was pushing state sponsored religion
- To worship his kingdom
- Think of Trump Tower and the Tower of Babel
- God has a way of humbling people - He exalts the humble and puts down the proud
- As Christians our hopes, aims and desires are to be in God alone
- There was great pressure upon them men
- There is pressure upon us today
- They were not going to give in to pressure
- They feared God more than they feared man
- Do we really fear the living God?
- 'The righteousness is as bold as a lion'
- God gave them grace in the time of need
- They actually believed that God could save them from death - v17
- Would we believe this?
- "He is able", "He Will", "if not" - how do we reconcile this?
- There is an assurance of faith
- There is no presumption
- What is faith?
- "He is able", "He Will", "if not"
- Example of John & Peter before the Sanhedrin
- They were men of prayer
- Example of two Margaret's
- Would we stand?
- God was their defence
- Would God rescue them from death or through death?
- Our external trials do not always improve
- The trials of the three men did not improve - infact they worsened
- Nebuchadnezzar was full of anger
- The furnace was heated seven times hotter
- The men who cast the three into the fire die
- There is a difference between Chapter 2 and 3
- God is with them through the trial
- Is 43:2
- 1 Peter 4:12
- We must not think that everything will be a bed of roses
- Matt 24:9
- Example of persecution of Christians in Pakistan
- God's answer is that He will be with them
- A miracle occurs:
- Whether an angel or the pre-incarnate Son of God
- Not a hair singed or smell of fire on them
- God is glorified in delivering His people
- Ps 34:1-3
- God can bless you through the trial
- Ps 34:4-7
- God can deliver His people
- God's answer was perfect and brought glory to His name
- We need to pray for faith and trust in God
The Impact on Nebuchadnezzar
- He is astounded
- There has been a tremendous impact in his life
- He still needs to be humbled
- Miracles impact believers - examples
- Miracles still happen today - example
- He makes another rash decision
- You must worship God or be cut in pieces
- We would want not such a law today
- A relationship with God must come through the heart
- However, he is saying there is no God like God
16Shadrach, Meshach, and Abed-nego, answered and said to the king, O Nebuchadnezzar, we are not careful to answer thee in this matter. 17If it be so, our God whom we serve is able to deliver us from the burning fiery furnace, and he will deliver us out of thine hand, O king. 18But if not, be it known unto thee, O king, that we will not serve thy gods, nor worship the golden image which thou hast set up. 19Then was Nebuchadnezzar full of fury, and the form of his visage was changed against Shadrach, Meshach, and Abed-nego: therefore he spake, and commanded that they should heat the furnace one seven times more than it was wont to be heated. 20And he commanded the most mighty men that were in his army to bind Shadrach, Meshach, and Abed-nego, and to cast them into the burning fiery furnace. 21Then these men were bound in their coats, their hosen, and their hats, and their other garments, and were cast into the midst of the burning fiery furnace. 22Therefore because the king's commandment was urgent, and the furnace exceeding hot, the flame of the fire slew those men that took up Shadrach, Meshach, and Abed-nego. 23And these three men, Shadrach, Meshach, and Abed-nego, fell down bound into the midst of the burning fiery furnace. 24Then Nebuchadnezzar the king was astonied, and rose up in haste, and spake, and said unto his counsellers, Did not we cast three men bound into the midst of the fire? They answered and said unto the king, True, O king. 25He answered and said, Lo, I see four men loose, walking in the midst of the fire, and they have no hurt; and the form of the fourth is like the Son of God. 26Then Nebuchadnezzar came near to the mouth of the burning fiery furnace, and spake, and said, Shadrach, Meshach, and Abed-nego, ye servants of the most high God, come forth, and come hither. Then Shadrach, Meshach, and Abed-nego, came forth of the midst of the fire. 27And the princes, governors, and captains, and the king's counsellers, being gathered together, saw these men, upon whose bodies the fire had no power, nor was an hair of their head singed, neither were their coats changed, nor the smell of fire had passed on them. 28Then Nebuchadnezzar spake, and said, Blessed be the God of Shadrach, Meshach, and Abed-nego, who hath sent his angel, and delivered his servants that trusted in him, and have changed the king's word, and yielded their bodies, that they might not serve nor worship any god, except their own God. 29Therefore I make a decree, That every people, nation, and language, which speak any thing amiss against the God of Shadrach, Meshach, and Abed-nego, shall be cut in pieces, and their houses shall be made a dunghill: because there is no other God that can deliver after this sort. 30Then the king promoted Shadrach, Meshach, and Abed-nego, in the province of Babylon. (KJV)
1I will bless the LORD at all times: his praise shall continually be in my mouth. 2My soul shall make her boast in the LORD: the humble shall hear thereof, and be glad. 3O magnify the LORD with me, and let us exalt his name together. 4I sought the LORD, and he heard me, and delivered me from all my fears. 5They looked unto him, and were lightened: and their faces were not ashamed. 6This poor man cried, and the LORD heard him, and saved him out of all his troubles. 7The angel of the LORD encampeth round about them that fear him, and delivereth them. 8O taste and see that the LORD is good: blessed is the man that trusteth in him. 9O fear the LORD, ye his saints: for there is no want to them that fear him. 10The young lions do lack, and suffer hunger: but they that seek the LORD shall not want any good thing. (KJV)
|« I will pour out My Spirit||The Lord has done it!||When all seems against you »|