Please find our sermons below:
No CompromiseDaniel 3:16-30, Psalm 34:1-10, Andrew Love, June 3, 2018
- Re-reading v16-18
- Recap on chapter last week
- Nebuchadnezzar as the gold statue
- Nebuchadnezzar confesses "Truly your God is the God of gods"
- Nebuchadnezzar negates that by his actions in v16ff
- Nebuchadnezzar was not converted
- We must be careful not to rush and say that people are converted
- Nebuchadnezzar was pushing state sponsored religion
- To worship his kingdom
- Think of Trump Tower and the Tower of Babel
- God has a way of humbling people - He exalts the humble and puts down the proud
- As Christians our hopes, aims and desires are to be in God alone
- There was great pressure upon them men
- There is pressure upon us today
- They were not going to give in to pressure
- They feared God more than they feared man
- Do we really fear the living God?
- 'The righteousness is as bold as a lion'
- God gave them grace in the time of need
- They actually believed that God could save them from death - v17
- Would we believe this?
- "He is able", "He Will", "if not" - how do we reconcile this?
- There is an assurance of faith
- There is no presumption
- What is faith?
- "He is able", "He Will", "if not"
- Example of John & Peter before the Sanhedrin
- They were men of prayer
- Example of two Margaret's
- Would we stand?
- God was their defence
- Would God rescue them from death or through death?
- Our external trials do not always improve
- The trials of the three men did not improve - infact they worsened
- Nebuchadnezzar was full of anger
- The furnace was heated seven times hotter
- The men who cast the three into the fire die
- There is a difference between Chapter 2 and 3
- God is with them through the trial
- Is 43:2
- 1 Peter 4:12
- We must not think that everything will be a bed of roses
- Matt 24:9
- Example of persecution of Christians in Pakistan
- God's answer is that He will be with them
- A miracle occurs:
- Whether an angel or the pre-incarnate Son of God
- Not a hair singed or smell of fire on them
- God is glorified in delivering His people
- Ps 34:1-3
- God can bless you through the trial
- Ps 34:4-7
- God can deliver His people
- God's answer was perfect and brought glory to His name
- We need to pray for faith and trust in God
The Impact on Nebuchadnezzar
- He is astounded
- There has been a tremendous impact in his life
- He still needs to be humbled
- Miracles impact believers - examples
- Miracles still happen today - example
- He makes another rash decision
- You must worship God or be cut in pieces
- We would want not such a law today
- A relationship with God must come through the heart
- However, he is saying there is no God like God
About Andrew Love: Pastor at Tabor Church
|« I will pour out My Spirit||The Lord has done it!||When all seems against you »|
These sermons remain the property of Tabor Baptist Church and the respective speakers. Sermons may be downloaded as part of an RSS feed (e.g. through iTunes or other 3rd party software) and copied to MP3 players or phones for the purposes of listening only. No unauthorised copying or distribution is allowed.