Please find our sermons below:
Grace SpeaksIsaiah 43:1-28, Andrew Love, May 13, 2018
- Re-reading v1-4
- These are extremely comforting words for the believer
- "You are mine"
- We know the Lord is ours
- We are precious in His sight
- We must not take the passage out of context
- We must also consider the wider context of the whole of the Bible
- The link between the Old Testament and the New Testament
- The Doctrine of Redemption
- The Doctrine of Adoption
- The Doctrine of Providence
- Grace Speaking (v1-7)
- A Sad Response (v22-24)
- Grace Speaks Again (v25)
Grace Speaking (v1-7)
- A Contrast
- Notice v1 starts "but now"
- 42:24 - Israel was not living according to God's law
- They were idolatrous
- 42:25 - God's anger was to fall upon them
- Such sweet words from God
- This contrast appears in later chapters in Isaiah
- Is 43:27-28/44:1-2
- There are many contrasts in the Bible
- Romans 1
- God's wrath is revealed from heaven against all wickedness
- God gives people up the life they want to lead - to their lusts
- God warns the religious hypocrites
- "All have sinned and fallen short of the glory of the Lord"
- Romans 3:21
- "But now the righteousness of God apart from the law is revealed"
- Jesus the sinless one will take our sin and provide a righteousness from God
- Have you put your trust in the Lord Jesus Christ?
The Doctrine of New Birth
- v1 - A chosen nation: not speaking about physical creation -
- From Abraham, taken out of Egypt and established in the Promised Land
- v7 - The people are made for Himself and for His glory
- He chose them
- What about the Jews now?
- Jesus taught people that His Kingdom was coming now
- God's nation and Kingdom is made up of all people all over the world
- God's Kingdom is made of those who are born again, regardless of where they are or live or worship
- God has redeemed us
- We need not fear
- We are God's holy nation, a priesthood
The Doctrine of Redemption
- God redeemed Israel with an outstretched hand
- Judgment grieves God's heart
- The Passover and the angel of death
- The Cross of the Lord Jesus Christ
- Sin shall no longer have dominion over us
- We are under grace
- We need not be fearful
The Doctrine of Adoption
- I have called you by my name and you are mine
- Personal Example
- He adopts us and makes us His very children
- None of God's children are natural children, they are all adopted
- Adoption is a wonderful thing
- God adopts us
The Doctrine of His Providential Care
- v2 - Example of the Israelites escaping Egypt and going through the Red Sea
- Example of Daniel and his 3 friends delivered from the fiery furnace
- There is nothing to fear in God
- Do you know a God as gracious as this?
- There is nothing special in us
- God loves us with an unconditional love
- Our responsibility to live in the light of this grace
- Eph 5:1-8
- The grace of God must not be abused but is a wonderful gift for living
A Sad Response (v22-24)
- Israel had stopped speaking to God
- God had called Israel by name but they had stopped speaking to God, praying to Him and calling on His name
- Has this happened to us?
- Do we call upon Him?
- Do we live in our own strength?
- What is our attitude when we come to church?
- Are we being blessed by the word?
- Israel had not brought the required sacrifices
- They could not do the basic things?
- Has this happened to us?
- Are we sacrificing?
- Israel were burdening God with their sins
- What a terrible thing for the believer?
- Are we glorifying God or sinning against our bodies?
- Are we living sinful lives before God?
- A terrible response from Israel towards God's grace
Grace Speaks Again (v25)
- God blots our out transgressions and will not remember our sins
- There is always hope in God
About Andrew Love: Pastor at Tabor Church
|« The Holiness that Attracts||God speaks to Nebuchadnezzar||Blotting out Transgression »|
These sermons remain the property of Tabor Baptist Church and the respective speakers. Sermons may be downloaded as part of an RSS feed (e.g. through iTunes or other 3rd party software) and copied to MP3 players or phones for the purposes of listening only. No unauthorised copying or distribution is allowed.