Please find our sermons below:
The Nobleman's SonJohn 4:46-54, Elias Lima, April 22, 2018
- A passage of Scripture involving a nobleman's son
- We can learn a lot of lessons of life
- A very sick son
- At the point of death (v47)
- What were the parents thinking & feeling?
- The situation started to change when the nobleman heard about Jesus (v47)
- However, Jesus had only performed one miracle in Cana (v54)
- The miracle at the wedding of Cana
- Faith in Jesus Christ
- Rom 10:17 - faith comes by hearing
- The nobleman had faith after hearing
- "He went to" Jesus (v47)
- James 2:18
- His faith was in its infancy - he thought that Jesus was able to heal his son but thought that physical proximity was needed
- It is not necessary to see before you believe (v48) - infact, it it necessary to believe before you can see
- Heb 11:1
- John 20:29
- James 1:6-7
- His faith was in its infancy - he thought that Jesus could only heal people, not raise people from the dead
- He had not heard about Jairus' daughter, the widows son or Lazarus
- Jesus said "Go your way" (v50)
- God does things in His way, not the way we expect
- We can be disappointed with God because He does not do things in the way we expect
- The man believed Jesus' word
- He went his way - a days journey back to Capernaum but he went
- Do we lay things down and trust in the word of Jesus Christ?
- Do we have peace?
- Do we have despair?
- What do our 'works' show?
- What will people see when they 'read' our life?
- There is power in the word of the Lord (v52-53)
- The man believed
- The man believed (again) - his belief was confirmed
- He believed that Jesus was the Messiah
- He became a witness to his house and his whole family was saved
- Rom 8:28
- We have the word of Jesus Christ in the Bible
- Summary and concluding remarks
|« Communion||Mature Christian Character||Waiting on the Lord »|
These sermons remain the property of Tabor Baptist Church and the respective speakers. Sermons may be downloaded as part of an RSS feed (e.g. through iTunes or other 3rd party software) and copied to MP3 players or phones for the purposes of listening only. No unauthorised copying or distribution is allowed.