Please find our sermons below:
The Nobleman's SonJohn 4:46-54, Elias Lima, April 22, 2018
- A passage of Scripture involving a nobleman's son
- We can learn a lot of lessons of life
- A very sick son
- At the point of death (v47)
- What were the parents thinking & feeling?
- The situation started to change when the nobleman heard about Jesus (v47)
- However, Jesus had only performed one miracle in Cana (v54)
- The miracle at the wedding of Cana
- Faith in Jesus Christ
- Rom 10:17 - faith comes by hearing
- The nobleman had faith after hearing
- "He went to" Jesus (v47)
- James 2:18
- His faith was in its infancy - he thought that Jesus was able to heal his son but thought that physical proximity was needed
- It is not necessary to see before you believe (v48) - infact, it it necessary to believe before you can see
- Heb 11:1
- John 20:29
- James 1:6-7
- His faith was in its infancy - he thought that Jesus could only heal people, not raise people from the dead
- He had not heard about Jairus' daughter, the widows son or Lazarus
- Jesus said "Go your way" (v50)
- God does things in His way, not the way we expect
- We can be disappointed with God because He does not do things in the way we expect
- The man believed Jesus' word
- He went his way - a days journey back to Capernaum but he went
- Do we lay things down and trust in the word of Jesus Christ?
- Do we have peace?
- Do we have despair?
- What do our 'works' show?
- What will people see when they 'read' our life?
- There is power in the word of the Lord (v52-53)
- The man believed
- The man believed (again) - his belief was confirmed
- He believed that Jesus was the Messiah
- He became a witness to his house and his whole family was saved
- Rom 8:28
- We have the word of Jesus Christ in the Bible
- Summary and concluding remarks
46So Jesus came again into Cana of Galilee, where he made the water wine. And there was a certain nobleman, whose son was sick at Capernaum. 47When he heard that Jesus was come out of Judaea into Galilee, he went unto him, and besought him that he would come down, and heal his son: for he was at the point of death. 48Then said Jesus unto him, Except ye see signs and wonders, ye will not believe. 49The nobleman saith unto him, Sir, come down ere my child die. 50Jesus saith unto him, Go thy way; thy son liveth. And the man believed the word that Jesus had spoken unto him, and he went his way. 51And as he was now going down, his servants met him, and told him, saying, Thy son liveth. 52Then inquired he of them the hour when he began to amend. And they said unto him, Yesterday at the seventh hour the fever left him. 53So the father knew that it was at the same hour, in the which Jesus said unto him, Thy son liveth: and himself believed, and his whole house. 54This is again the second miracle that Jesus did, when he was come out of Judaea into Galilee. (KJV)
|« Communion||Mature Christian Character||Waiting on the Lord »|