Please find our sermons below:
The Battles of the KingPsalm 45:1-17, Andrew Love, November 12, 2017
- Concentrating on v3-7
- We live in times of relative peace
- We do know terrorism
- There are other concerns in our nation
- The solutions to our problems are not political but spiritual
- The problem is our nation turning its back on God
- The problem is in individuals
- We must pray for those Christians in politics
- The Psalm is about a God in heaven who is majestic in glory and splendor
- His Son Jesus Christ fights on behalf of truth, humility and justice
- He alone is the solution for Great Britain today
- We should pray v3-4
- Christ is establishing His invisible Kingdom in the nations
- A Prayer for Action (v3)
- A Vision of Victory (v4-5)
- A Contemplation of the King (v6-7)
A Prayer for Action (v3)
- How much do you believe that the Son of God is involved in the affairs of men?
- Is God a distant God?
- Is God like a clock maker?
- Is God like a grandfather?
- Do you see a God who is deeply involved and aggrieved by the affairs of men?
- Our God can be known though Jesus Christ
- Our God is pictured as a warrior (v3)
- Take your sword - be ready for action
- Be ready to pray!
- We must ask God to act in the world
- Example of Gideon
- Do we see that the battle is the Lord's?
- A Prayer for Action
- God is not a weak God
A Vision of Victory (v4-5)
- Speaking about Jesus Christ (v2)
- v6 - quoted in Hebrews 1:8-9
- Jesus will defend truth, humility and righteousness - His arrows are sharp
- Rev 6:1-2
- Rev 19:11-16
- The Apostle had a fuller revelation than the Psalmist
- Do you see Christ as a might warrior, as Lord of the nations?
- Have you bowed your knee to Him?
- Have you surrendered your life to Him?
- The means of God are very different to the means of men
- Examples of rulers and governments
- Christ's way is very different (v4) - truth, humility and righteousness
- Examples of the rich and powerful
- Christ's death on the cross
- The sharp arrows (v5)
- The arrows of the law (which reveal our sin)
- The Gospel arrows
- The two edged sword that heals
- Example of dying man
- Has he conquered your heart?
A Contemplation of the King (v6-7)
- "Your throne, O God, is forever and ever" (v6)
- Heb 1:6-9
- Jesus is no demi-god (v6)
- Could there ever be a clearer verse about the deity of Jesus Christ? (V8)
- He is the God Man (v9)
- Who is Jesus to you?
- A moral man ...
- ... or God Himself
- A ruler, the head of His people
- "You love righteousness and hate wickedness" (v7)
- Was there ever a human that fulfilled this verse all the time?
- What a glorious person this is!
- This should make us shudder ... and think what a wonderful Saviour He is
- We must not harden our heart
- Come to Him now - do not put it off
- "anointed You with the oil of gladness"
- God is joyful
- God wants us to know joy [in Him]
About Andrew Love: Pastor at Tabor Church
|« My God, My God, Why have you forsaken me?||Empathy & Sympathy||A prayer for the Messiah's reign »|
These sermons remain the property of Tabor Baptist Church and the respective speakers. Sermons may be downloaded as part of an RSS feed (e.g. through iTunes or other 3rd party software) and copied to MP3 players or phones for the purposes of listening only. No unauthorised copying or distribution is allowed.