Please find our sermons below:
Heaven is only for ChristiansJohn 14:1-6, Philippians 3:3-8, Vincent Tracey, September 16, 2017
- Introductory Comments
- Speaking on Heaven
- Anniversary services are looking back - we are to now to look forward
- The greatest promise of all is the promise of heaven
- We are living in fearful days
- Jesus says (in this context) - look up
- Looking at heaven
- Reading v1-6
- Is a real place
- Paul, John and Steven had a vision of heaven
- Old Testament: Daniel had a vision of heaven
- Jesus came from heaven
- He came to bring us to heaven - to save us
- Is where we go when we die [as Christians]
- Jesus will bring us to Himself
- Is for "you"
- Is that 'you'?
- Are you going to be there?
- Is only for Christians
- This makes the gospel paramount
- Only the true born again will be in heaven, says the Scriptures
- John 3:3
- This is why you must become a Christian
- Why is the Christian gospel restrictive?
- No-one deserves salvation
- Salvation is only by Christ (v6)
- "I am the way"
- You must have the Spirit of God
- You must be born again
- Christ must be in us
- Quote from William Gurnow
- Belief in God and belief in Christ
- The picture of heaven in Scripture
- Is at hand
- There is a God in heaven - Isa 57
- The dwelling place of God
- The Christian's home
- My Father's house
- It is our home - Psalm 23
- Our Father
- For you
- What a promise!
- Example of Tony
- No confidence in the flesh - Phil 3:3-8
- How can I get there?
- That I might be found in Christ - Phil 3:9
- Jesus is the only way into heaven
- He is the way
- He is the door
- Example of a hymn
- By faith in Him (only)
- It is not 'I did it my way' - but only Christ's way
- Example of another hymn
- What you need to know:
- Are you going there?
- Are you a real Christian?
- What assurance do you have?
- A waterproof promise
- Our names are recorded in heaven [as Christians]
- We are glorified [as Christians]
- Nothing can prevent us for reaching heaven [as Christians]
- What hope and certainty (only for Christians)
- If you are not a Christian, you are on the road to hell (now)
- The only way to enter heaven is through Jesus Christ
- Every Christian should have assurance, certainty and joy
- Listen to God
- Jesus is there in heaven interceding for us
- Example of the thief on the cross
- Heaven rejoices when a sinner repents and calls upon the Lord
- Heb 10:19 - having boldness/confidence
- The Gospel is simple
- Example of Scotsman
- 2 Chr 33
- 2 Chr 33:10-13
- Example of little boy
1Let not your heart be troubled: ye believe in God, believe also in me. 2In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you. 3And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto myself; that where I am, there ye may be also. 4And whither I go ye know, and the way ye know. 5Thomas saith unto him, Lord, we know not whither thou goest; and how can we know the way? 6Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me. (KJV)
3For we are the circumcision, which worship God in the spirit, and rejoice in Christ Jesus, and have no confidence in the flesh. 4Though I might also have confidence in the flesh. If any other man thinketh that he hath whereof he might trust in the flesh, I more: 5Circumcised the eighth day, of the stock of Israel, of the tribe of Benjamin, an Hebrew of the Hebrews; as touching the law, a Pharisee; 6Concerning zeal, persecuting the church; touching the righteousness which is in the law, blameless. 7But what things were gain to me, those I counted loss for Christ. 8Yea doubtless, and I count all things but loss for the excellency of the knowledge of Christ Jesus my Lord: for whom I have suffered the loss of all things, and do count them but dung, that I may win Christ, (KJV)
|« Stir up the gift within you||None||The Promise of Heaven »|